M Nasir B Isa (LECD/INSTEP)
Sent: Fri 25/6/2010 10:08
To: Khairul Azman B Yasin (CEO/PMTSB)
c.c: M Zazali B Salim (GM/INSTEP); M Najib B Ahmad (LECD/INSTEP); Yasir B A Rahman (DIRECTOR_PERMATA/PMTSB); Roszopor B Naeman (HRM/PMTSB)
Dear En Khairul,
As you all know, I had been relatively ranked in the M3/4 group of assessment recently. Yesterday I received the CTO letter from HRM stating the amount of compensation of RM59,646.00 only if I opted to leave Petronas early. This amount is only equivalent to 4 months of my basic salary whereas other staff was offered 12 months. The amount which in my calculation would support me for the next 3-4 months only. This is an insult to me since I have been loyal to Petronas and working for almost all my life without fail or disciplinary problems.
I still have 11 months to reach 55 years old and I am very interested to leave Petronas now. With that amount of money offered, I think I could not survive before I could secure another job outside. The reason why I want to go now are:
- I have no motivation to continue with my work since getting that assessment result, it is fair for you to release me now since if I still continue with my current job, I will not do my best at all.
- I do not want to go through that 2 monthly assessment as stated in your letter before
- My salary was raised very minimum as compared to other staff recently
- I will be getting a very minimum bonus later on
- I was jeered by fellow staff and could not stand anymore
Here I would like your goodself to help to persuade HRM to revise the offer to the following:
- The lump sum amount to 12 months my basic salary
- My last pay for the 55 years contract buy-out
- Bonus of any amount which Petronas might think fits
- Other terms and conditions as stated in the current CTO letter e.g. PRSC Equalization Sum, Income tax exemption etc.
If I get the revised offer, I promise you that I will sign the CTO offer letter immediately. I think this is a win-win situation both to Petronas and myself.
I hope you can consider my application wisely and I am waiting for your very positive response.
Mohd Nasir Isa