Negotiation on CTO Offered
Dear Pn Juniwati,
I had been relatively ranked in the M3/4 group of assessment recently. Last week, I received the CTO letter from HRM stating the amount of compensation of RM59,646.00 only if I opted to leave Petronas early. This amount is only equivalent to 4 months of my basic salary whereas other staff was offered 12 months, which is a double standard practice. The amount, which in my calculation would support me for the next 3-4 months only. This is an insult to me since I have been loyal to Petronas since 1982 and working for almost all my life (28 years) without fail or disciplinary problems.
I still have 11 months to reach 55 years old and I am very interested to leave Petronas now. With that amount of money offered, I think I could not survive before I could secure another job outside. The reasons why I want to leave Petronas now are:
1. I am facing a trauma and have no motivation to continue with my work since getting that assessment result, it is fair for Petronas to release me now since if I still continue with my current job, I will not do my best at all
2. I do not want to go through that 2 monthly assessment
3. My salary was raised very minimum as compared to other staff recently
4. I will be getting a very minimum bonus later on
5. I was jeered by fellow staff and could not stand anymore AND most important of all
6. I will be getting M3/4 again next year
Today, I have received a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org stating that the CTO offer was final and not subjected to any negotiation. I think the CTO clerk answered my email based on the standard template prepared by HRM.
Here I would like your good self to help to revise the offer to the followings:
1. The lump sum amount to 12 months my basic salary
2. My last pay for the 55 years contract buy-out
3. Bonus of any amount which Petronas might think fits
4. Other terms and conditions as stated in the current CTO letter e.g. PRSC Equalization Sum, Income tax exemption etc.
If I get the revised offer, I promise you that I will sign the CTO offer letter immediately. I think this is a win-win situation both to Petronas and myself. Right now, Petronas is offering a win-lose situation and not a fair treatment to me.
I hope you can consider my application wisely and I am waiting for your very positive response.
Mohd Nasir Isa